BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

August 10, 2009

Boyland...the truth about BOYS

All BOYS are the same.

They gossip just as much as girls do.

They don't have manners.

They lie, cheat, and will never be completely honest no matter what they say.

They prove that chilvary is certainly, undeniably dead.

Unfortunately, I have only dated BOYS in my life. I have yet to meet a real MAN. I know what you're thinking...i'm young. At 19 years old and in college I should be having fun and exploring the many possiblities the world has to offer.

Being a hopeless romantic, I just can't do that. I am ALWAYS looking for love.

So here's the catch. Remember my ex boyfriend...yes the jerk who broke up with me after HE clearly was the one to blame...yes that ex. Well he is in a frat (now I know that frat boys = nondatable). I met one of his brothers this past Friday night. He was a pretty cool kid. Cute, in a I want to dance with you sort of way, but not hot. We got to talking and I was convinced that maybe I had actually made a friend.

But let me tell you something about frat guys. They think that EVERY girl likes them. I'm sorry that in high school I had mostly guy friends and i'm sorry that maybe I send the wrong signals. But when I like someone, they KNOW. They don't think...they KNOW for sure.

So we hung out at a frat party Saturday night and we ended up sharing Whataburger fries later that night. He didn't try anyhting and i didn't flirt. Everything seemed ok when he left. I didn't try to kiss him and I even gave him a half hug. I did everything to make the situation as "friendly" as possible.

Then yesterday he casually asked me if maybe I wanted to watch a movie after he was done painting his room. I was bored and kind of annoyed at my apartment so I obliged. Yet, as a waiting for next 8 hours, I realized maybe this is all a GAME to him.

What if his "brothers" put him up to this to test me. To see if I would do anything with this guy. To test my loyalty to my ex.

First, let me say this...HE BROKE UP WITH ME. Yes, and again, HE BROKE MY HEART. Who is the real victim here?

Second, when did is become a crime for a boy and a girl to be friends...yes JUST FRIENDS.

As annoying as it was, I waited. And he kept me waiting that's for sure. He texted me at about 11:15pm to tell me that he was almost done and that I should stay awake. I almost fell for this cruel joke until I realized that yes, I was the victim yet again to the stupid game boys play.

I fell asleep. Woke up. No text. No call. Boys are all the same.

As I sit here writing this...this boy is probably out there playing games with a new girl. And this girl is becoming some self-centered, frat boy's next victim.

Where will this all end?

Is there seriously no real MEN in college.

I leave you with this...

When in boy land, do as the boys do...

Well, at least, that's what I plan to do :)

0 comments: